Corn bread may not only be a norm from South Africa, but from the whole of Africa and The Caribbean. In fact, you can turn corn flours into great bread with the right ingredients in most countries around the world.
Corn bread are also springing up as alternative to the normal flour in various countries. This can be found in Nigeria, Cameroon and Ghana etcAlso read this great opportunity: How to start a micro bakery business from home or shop and make real money
This recipe is however a South African recipe and it comes with very rich taste.
Prep time: 14 to 20 Minutes
Baking or Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2-3 fresh cups of corn
- 1-cup (130gram) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup(95gram) corn meal
- 2-teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ (115 grams) cup sour cream
- ½-cup(120ml) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 4 tablespoon(57grams) unsalted butter or margarine melted
- Remove the husk from the corn and cut the kernels from the cob to remove the bottom of the kernel with their juice and scrap out the residual corn from the cobs.
- Transfer the corn to a blender or a food processor and pulse the corn without adding water until it is grounded coarsely. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, corn meal, baking powder, baking soda sugar and salt as well as the chopped paprika. Whisk in along sour cream, milk and slightly beaten eggs until they are all well combined
- Once this is done, you will need to add the melted magazine and make batter ready for panning.
- Add them into a cake pan
- Bake for about 40- 45 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Also read this great opportunity: How to start a micro bakery business from home or shop and make real money