Fame, celebrity and ability could come to anyone depending on the circumstance. This is what Jyoti Amge, an Indian has become as luck smiled at her exactly on her 18th birthday on December, 2011 when she was crowned officially as the smallest woman living by the Guinness book of records standing at a height of 62.8 centimeter, which is 2ft 0.6in.
The following are 11 things you should know about Jyoti Amge
1. She is an Indian actress and she became an actress when she attained the status of world smallest woman living. She is also a Nollywood actress.
2. Jyoti has been featured in several documentaries. She was featured in the documentary, Body Shock, Two Foot Ten. She has also been a guest participant on the Indian TV show Big Boss 6. And she was also cast in the fourth season of American Horror story Freak Show as Ma Petite
3. She is small not because of any other reasons but due to a restricted height growth resulting from abnormal growth called achondroplasia. This is a hereditary condition in which the growth of long bones by ossification of cartilage is retarded, resulting in very short limbs and sometimes a face that is small in relation to the (normal-sized) skull.
4. She wants to be seen and treated like the normal person that she is and not a celebrity. She was quoted as saying "I don't like it if I am being held like a baby," but that she will let some people and fans pick her up.
5. She gets mad or crazy and angry just like a normal person. She says "I get mad when someone annoys me by touching my hair or keeps touching me without permission."
6. Jyoti Amge, was featured in the American Horror story along other incredible and unique Divas such as Rose Siggins, a legless mother of two, Erika Ervin, the tallest model in the world (who is also transgender), and Mat Fraser, a rock musician who was born with phocomelia (an extremely rare malformation) of both arms and she has been happy doing this.
7. Amge who hails from Nagpur, India is 6.2 cm shorter than 22-year old American Bridgette Jordan who stands at 69cm (2 ft 3 in)
8. Even though Jyoti is no taller than the average two-year-old child, Jyoti is a budding fashionista and with the help of her sister customises her clothes and jewellery to match her tiny size. Her family is committed to ensuring Jyoti lives a normal life and follows her dreams to become a Bollywood film star which has been achieved.
9. Jyoti has attended regular school since she was 4 and, other than a small desk and chair, she is like any other pupil.
10. Jyoti was discovered by World Guinness Book Of Records
11. Despite her tiny stature, Jyoti Amge is not the shortest woman in history. This title continues to be held by Pauline Musters (Netherlands, 1876-1895) who measured just 61cm (24in).